Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Wednesday Night Out

I'm not one to go out during the week, but it was the end of March, the beginning of spring, 30 degrees and snowing on my Spring Break, so I decided that I needed a night out.  It just so happens one of my good work friends felt the same way.

We met at a nice little spot downtown that neither of us had been to before.  Metro Bar + Kitchen had a nice happy hour with $4 martinis, so that's where we started.  We proceeded to spend the next 4 1/2 hours enjoying martinis and chatting away.

There is nothing like a good night out with a friend, even if you see that friend five days a week at work.  It's nice to get out of that environment and just catch up on everything you don't talk about with little ears around listening.  I have found that having those nights with friends are what keeps me sane, and I think everyone needs those.  Girlfriends are something that I appreciate and am truly thankful for.  And getting to go out on a weeknight, have drinks and dinner and a great talk, makes it that much better.

The atmosphere was great, the food was delicious, and I would like to go back when their patio is open.  I like patios and drinking outside....can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment