Friday, April 1, 2011

Opening Day...Let's Go Tribe!

Baseball is back!  In Cleveland, opening day is basically a holiday.  We wait all year long for this day to come.  Most of the time it is raining, cold, and there is even the chance for snow.  This year it was a chilly day but the sun was out, and that is all we baseball fans can really ask for.

I've been to one opening day game, and after that have vowed to never return.  It was freezing out and about 3 innings into the game it began to pour.  When I say pour, I mean torrential rain coming down.  We were sitting in the upper deck hoping the storm would pass quick.  Boy were we wrong.  We waited about an hour, and then decided to just go to a bar to "wait out" the rain delay.  We managed to make it all the way back to the eastside before they even began to play again, so we were even able to watch the rest of the game.

This was the second game that I have been to, with my three girlfriends, that we got caught in the rain.  Don't worry though, we continue to go to one game every year together, and I can't wait for this years!

Tomorrow I will be headed down to Columbus for a beginning of the season Indians party.  I will be sure to post some pics and let you know how it goes.  For now, I leave you with this little video I found.  It is a great way to kickoff the beginning of baseball season...which also means summer will be here soon!

Check out The Ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment