Friday, April 22, 2011

Good thing I was alone...

I woke up this morning and was looking forward to enjoying the day off work, going out for the afternoon and shopping while the sun was shining.

Then I woke up in the real world (Cleveland in the spring time) and it was cold and rainy...again.  But I still had the day off, had some great coupons and knew of a few good sales.  So I put on my scarf and jacket and trudged out in the rain.

I made my first stop at Old Navy where I had a 50% off coupon for anything in the store!  After an hour of shopping and looking through the store at least 3 times to make sure I did not miss anything that I just had to have for this summer, I finally left.

I walked out to my car.  I pressed the unlock key and it wasn't working.  So I pressed it again and of course pulled harder on the door, as if that would actually help.  Then I noticed that someone had put some bags on my passenger seat that did not belong to me (how did that happen???)  Oh yea, it took me until then to realize I wasn't trying to get into my car...it was some other car!!!!

In my defense, it was my car, same color same style basically the same car.  So there I was walking away hoping no one was watching me like an idiot.  And then I found my car, right next to the one I was trying to get into!  So I told myself that it really wasn't my fault.  Someone parked right next to me in the same exact car and I couldn't even see my car because theirs was in the way.

I drove away laughing at myself because what else do you do when you do something that dumb?

I continued shopping in the rain and made sure to double check before I attempted to get into any cars the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment