Sunday, April 24, 2011

Yesterday I saw the Sun!!

Aren't four day weekends wonderful?  Mine started off Thursday after work with a happy hour stop at the one and only Prosperity, which happens to be my favorite stop in Tremont.  They always have Blueberry Ale in the bottle and their Good Samaritan (Dirty) is the best dirty martini.  Happy hour with work friends is always a good time and a way to catch up with things that have nothing to do with work.  It was great!

Then I made a stop at ABC The Tavern in Ohio City to meet up with the boy for a drink.  I had never been there before and it was quiet for a Thursday night.  I had a nice Apricot Ale which I enjoyed and then we headed out.

We decided to hit up pretty much every little neighborhood possible and headed over to ABC's sister XYZ The Tavern.  The food was great and it was very busy which is a lot more fun!  We got a nice spot at the bar, enjoyed some more adult beverages and a good meal.  All in all, it was a good Thursday night!

Friday I did something stupid and got the itch to paint.  There is only one room in my house that has not been painted, so I figured why not.  After painting the woodwork and the ceiling, starting to paint the walls and realizing I did not have enough paint and then making a third trip to Home Depot in two days, I remembered how much I hate painting.  It's almost done though, and as soon as I finish this post that is what I will be doing!

I attended my last Friday Fish Fry of the season with the parents this week.  We switched it up and went old school to a good old fashioned church basement fish fry.  It was a nice way to end the fish fry season.

Saturday in the midst of painting the sun came out! Yes, the sun!!  It does exist here in Cleveland still.  So I took a break from painting and went outside to soak up some much needed Vitamin D.  Since it was so nice out and we don't get to go out Saturday night together, we got take out lunch from Melt.  If you have not been there yet I highly suggest you going, like yesterday.  And don't worry, they are opening a new one in Independence soon that used to be a huge Winking Lizard, so hopefully you won't have to wait 2 hours to sit down!

After a nice long walk in the Metroparks with a very happy dog I did a little more painting and then called it a night.

Now off to more painting and then a Sunday night out just because I don't work tomorrow!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment