Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary Stone Mad!

Yesterday I met up with some friends for dinner at Stone Mad.  I have been there before for drinks and once on a last day of school lunch/adult beverage celebration.

Last night, they were celebrating their third anniversary.  There was a band playing and the bar was packed.  After visiting the bar and getting a delicious Harp, we sat down and ordered dinner.  The food was great and so was the service.  The only that could have been better would have been if the weather was a little nicer and we could have spent time on their amazing outdoor patio.  This is definitely a place I will be visiting as a summer patio spot.  The patio has a beautiful fireplace and everything is (yep, you guessed it) stone.

We had lots of fun at dinner and left at about 9:30.  When I say we, I mean everyone else went out to XYZ The Tavern, which is also a great time, and I left and went home to go to bed like the old person that I am.  Well there is always Friday night right?

Or not...considering it is 11:15 p.m. on a Friday night and I am in my PJ's blogging.  I did have a nice dinner tonight with my mom though.  Since it is Lent we usually go to a  local church fish fry, but I decided to try to switch it up a bit this week.

Bar Cento is a place that I visit quite often.  They have lots of great food and because of one particular boy, I tend to go there a lot to visit and hang out for the night (more on that later).  Tonight, I decided to take my mom out to dinner.  We went for the fish fry which was very tasty and ended up with a huge plate of their potato fries to share.  We also had a dessert that tasted like a lemon creme brulee, but had lots of flavor.

All in all, it was a nice dinner with my mom.  She was happy to be treated to dinner and I was happy to take her.  I was home by 8 and have been putzing (yes, i said putzing) around the house for the rest of the night.  I'm not even mad.  I'm actually thinking that I'm going to head to bed soon, which means I get to wake up in the morning rested and feeling great without any tired/hungover regrets about all the fun I had the night before.

Every once in awhile you just need a Friday night in!

No comments:

Post a Comment