Wednesday, June 22, 2011

because one job just isn't enough

This past weekend Ben and I went to Washington DC which I will be blogging about in the future.  Hopefully the near future. 

I did stick to my goal of taking more pictures and I will definitely include some of those too.

The reason for tonight's post is to discuss why I find the need to work two jobs. 

During my senior year of college I had to student teach.  This meant I would spend an entire semester with a full time job that I was not getting paid for.  So I turned to serving.  I started waiting tables with one of my closest friends who was also student teaching at the time.  I continued to work at that restaurant for 3 years (while also teaching full time) until I thought I needed a change and went with Ben to open a restaurant in Chagrin Falls.

I worked there for about 6 months before I decided the drive sucked and I wanted to have a normal life and only work one job.

Here is the problem with that.  I missed the money, and without the extra money I couldn't go out and do much, and Ben was still working so he wasn't around.  Well it took me a year and a half to decide to go back to the restaurants. 

Ben is helping to open up a new restaurant called Market Garden Brewery and I have spent a lot of my time sitting at Bar Cento and have gotten to know a lot of the people that will also be working there.  So, I figured why not.

It all begins tomorrow and I'm excited and a little nervous about getting back into it.  This will be my first job as a host which is different, but I'm looking forward to it.

The only bad thing is that I have to cancel on my monthly dinner to work.  This totally sucks!!!  But how can you tell your new boss who hired you because someone else said give this girl a job, that you can't work because you have to go out to eat.  I will make it up to them and we might even try a lunch!

More posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment