Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Christmas Countdown

Yesterday while driving to work I was listening to the morning radio and heard that there were only 2 months until Christmas. 

At first I was thinking there is no way this is possible and actually sat and pondered whether or not it was true (why, I have no idea, it just didn't seem possible!)  Once I realized that the radio was telling me the truth, I drove to work with my mouth hanging open thinking how is this year going so fast?

And why are we counting down until Christmas?  What happened to enjoying the moment?  I love fall and I'm not ready for it to be over.  It isn't even Halloween yet!  After that we have Thanksgiving and then Christmas is allowed to start.  Not. any. sooner.

I think the real reason I am so not ready for it to be Christmas yet is because I just started crafting again and I am looking at my to-do list and thinking there is no way I have enough time for all of this.  I started and finished a blanket for little baby Luke in two days (success!).  His birthday is Saturday and he is going to be one, which seems crazy because it feels like he was just born.  We will be going to his party on Sunday and I can't wait to see how big he has gotten.

in the works
Other things on my list so far are:
  • a hat for Ben
  • a few 7x9 pieces for Knitting Clubs charity project
  • a cross stitch stocking
  • cross stitch baby booties
  • a baby blanket
  • some scarves (if there is any time left!)
We will see how it goes.  I love crafting and love that colder weather brings me back to knitting and crafting.  I can't wait to see what else I can get my hands on!

No comments:

Post a Comment