Sunday, December 4, 2011

reindeer run

Yesterday, I ran my first 5k that I signed up for all on my own, without the help of Girls on the Run. 

Since 2008 I have been part of this program and I love every minute of it.  I have run a 5k in the fall and spring every season with a group of girls and it is so rewarding.  Seeing 10 and 11 year olds cross the finish, which they never thought would be possible, is awesome.

Before I became a part of GOTR, I never, ever ran.  Like, never.  So it was a big deal for me to finish my first 5k.  Saturday, I participated in the 12th Annual Reindeer Run in Lakewood Park.  Melissa, Anthony, Ben and I ran the race (somewhat) together.  It was a little chilly at first but once we got going and the sun came out, it was the perfect weather for a race.

We all finished at just about 33 minutes, which isn't bad at all for me.  I was happy with my time and glad that I ran the entire time.  That is an accomplishment for me and I'm really happy that we all decided to run together.

We finished the morning with brunch at Borderline Cafe in Lakewood, which never disappoints.  What a wonderful little December weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment