Thursday, December 1, 2011

hello december!

When I turned the page on my calendar today I could not believe that it was actually December.  The last month of 2011.

I feel like this year just started!  So much has happened this year, and it has definitely had its ups and downs.  At this point in the year, I know everything that happened did for a reason, and even if it is hard to think about sometimes, I am happy with all of the decisions that were made.

Today I received the first two Christmas cards of the season.  It makes me think that I need to get my act together and get mine done.  But then I realize that I have plenty of time still.  With December comes the Christmas season, and I love Christmas.  Not because of the presents, although those are nice too, but because of everything that it means.  Because of the happiness that you see in the people around you.  Because of the good cheer that is spread.  Because of the time spent with friends and family, and all of the fun times that are to be had.  Because it is the beginning of the new Church year, and there is even more to be celebrated.

Something else that I am very excited about is news that I got today.  One of my very good friends just found out that she and her husband are pregnant!  They haven't been trying very long and were extremely surprised that it happened so fast, but are so excited.  This was such great news and I can't wait to start a new project to have ready as a gift for them!  Now I just have to decide what to knit...and wait 2 months because they are going to find out if they are having a boy or a girl.

Welcome December and thank you for the great news!

No comments:

Post a Comment