Thursday, January 12, 2012

book club

Way back in September my very best friend finally moved back to Cleveland.  She had been living in Columbus since we had graduated college and I was so happy to have her back.

While living in Columbus she was part of a little book club that would read one book a month (some of the girls would read the book) and then get together to talk and have apps and wine.  She decided she wanted to bring the ida to Cleveland and have a book club here and I was SUPER excited.

I love, love, love to read.  My dream job would be to read books and write reviews on them.  If I could get paid to read, I can't imagine anything better.  Since that isn't happening anytime soon, I am part of a book club.

Our first book was Sarah's Key which I, and I think everyone else, really enjoyed.  We got together last night at Melissa's house and talked about the book, ate, drank, passed around baby Sophia, and talked about many non-book related topics as well.  It was a great time.  Before I knew it I looked up and it was 10 o'clock!

We decided this would be a monthly thing, and since Melissa chose the first book, she hosted.  I volunteered to host the second get together because I really wanted to read The Hunger Games and since I am hosting I get to pick the book.  One of the girls has already read it and said she liked it, so I think it will be a good pick.

Now I just better get reading so I can work on planning my menu for when I host in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment