Monday, January 23, 2012

things i did this weekend

I feel like I haven't stopped since 2012 began!  It seems like there is always something to do, whether it is work, having fun, meeting up with friends, cleaning the house, knitting, or working on reading my next book club book.

So instead of a "real" post, I think I am just going to make a little list of the things that we did this weekend.

Friday night of course meant work, which was SUPER slow and that is an understatement.  The night felt like it went on forever because of the snowstorm.  No one was out, even though we live in Cleveland and it snows here all winter.

Saturday morning Ben went to the market to get some meats and cheeses and delicious bagels and bacon for breakfast.  After enjoying some bagels and coffee we ran lots of errands and then headed back to work which was much busier, which equals more fun and more money!

Sunday was the perfect day.  We went to church in the morning and then took a quick trip to Earth Fare which we just can't get enough of.  Then we headed to Tap House for brunch with some of my absolute favorites.  The bloody marys were delicious and the breakfast pizza Anthony had was way better than my omelet, so I know what I am getting next time we head up there.

We came home and I really wanted to use the new Kitchen Aid mixer that we got for Christmas and I had this desire to make homemade dog biscuits so I tried out this recipe and they were great.  (at least I think so because I did not try them but Breckyn seems to love them!)  It was a fun recipe and I am glad I got to use the mixer.  Plus I bought two new cookie cutters since I didn't have a dog bone cookie cutter and I had to use them since I went everywhere to find them.

I also made this to take over to my moms for dinner and it was a hit.  I altered it a little because I could not find peanut butter chips or regular rice crispies at Earth Fare, so I used a little extra peanut butter instead and puffed rice cereal.  It makes it a little bit harder to bite into, but it is great with a little bit of milk in the microwave for about 30 seconds.

I ended the night hanging out on the couch with Ben watching Chef Jonathon Sawyer from The Greenhouse Tavern cook up a few great meals on Iron Chef America.  Even though he did not win the battle, it was a great way to represent Cleveland and lots of fun to watch.

What a great weekend!  Let's hope this week is just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment