Monday, May 23, 2011

the proof is in the pictures

We never get to go out for a date on a Friday night.  I mean never!  That's what happens when you work at a restaurant and I completely understand, having worked in one myself for about 3 years.

Ben actually had Friday night off though since he was leaving for Belize early Saturday morning (sad face).  So we went on a Friday night date, the first in a very very long time.

We decided on a night out in Tremont.  The night started at Southside where we each got $3 draft beers that were on special.  I've been here before but Ben never has so I thought it would be a nice way to start the night.  We had hoped to sit on their beautiful patio but of course it was full because the sun had been shining all day. 

No biggie though.  We found a spot at the bar, enjoyed our beers and then headed off to dinner.

great bar...love how sunny it is :)

yummy drinks

We had dinner at Dante which was so delicious.  Our server was great and the food could not have been better.  As per our usual style we ordered four rounds of food and ate until we were stuffed.

Our dinner started with the Morel special appetizer, we then had the calamari and rock shrimp, then a cured meats board, and as more of an entree I had a linguine alla carbonara, and Ben had the forbidden black rice.  I am sure that dessert would have been delicious too but there is no way we could have eaten anything more.


local bread and authentic hummus

martini

stuffed morels

Another great thing about this place is that they get everything they can locally or from somewhere in Ohio.  Way to go Dante!

Instead we left and took a walk down to 806 for one more drink.  We had lots of fun chatting with the bartender and will hopefully be going back soon to enjoy some of their food.


We ended the night pretty early because Ben left bright and early in the morning.  Lucky me, I got to take him to the airport.  I just hope I can make it through this week just Breckyn and I.  She can have a real attitude and Ben is way better at dealing with her than I am.  As of right now, her and I are both looking forward to Sunday when he comes home.


Have a (hopefully) sunny week :)


open your eyes ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment