Monday, May 2, 2011

Goodbye April...Hello May!

What a wonderful weekend!

Friday night was the annual Tribe game with the girls.  This was the first time we've ever gone in April, but we had great seats for a great price.  It was a little chilly out but not too bad.  I loved seeing the girls because it has been awhile and the game was great!

We won in the bottom of the 9th with a walk off grand slam!  Oh yea!  The Tribe is killing it this season so far and I'm looking forward to watching them this season.

I finished up the night by meeting up with another group of friends at Happy Dog.  While there we had a little argument about the neighborhood the bar is in.  I'm pretty sure it is located in the Gordan Square District/Detroit Shoreway Neighborhood but one of the boys was positive it is part of Ohio City.  He was super stubborn about it, and I still think I'm right.

My best friend was in town this weekend from Columbus so we grabbed a quick breakfast Saturday morning at The Red Chimney.  I'd never been before but her husband grew up in the neighborhood and loves the restaurant.  It was the cheapest breakfast we've probably ever had and it was perfect.  Yummy diner food that hit the spot.

I spent the rest of the afternoon with Ben working in the yard and hanging out with the dog.  We planted some flowers and moved some stuff in the yard.  We're still working on what is going to happen with that back garden we have and need to decide what veggies we are planting this year.  Since it is still ridiculously cold, I think we have time.

Saturday night I participated in a Cornhole Tournament at The Slovenian National Home and of course lost in the first round.  It was hosted by the best friends husband and was a definite success.

I finished off the weekend with a late Brunch at Market with Ben and the best friend and her husband.  I cannot say enough good things about this place and will be going back there this Sunday for Mother's Day.

Sorry for the long post, but it was a busy weekend!  Happy to see May on the calendar...makes summer break seem so much closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment