Monday, August 15, 2011

being a grown up

There are many great things about being a grown up.

  • Not having to live with your parents anymore
  • Making your own rules
  • Being legal drinking age
  • No curfew!
  • Paychecks
  • Only cleaning when you want to
  • Not having to eat your veggies and always drink milk for dinner
 There are also some not so great things about being a grown up.  I have come to this conclusion before today but it was reinforced after spending over 4 hours on the phone trying to get a better home insurance quote.
  • Having to take care of everything
  • Not living with your parents :(
  • Cutting the grass, not because your parents are making you but because you don't want your yard looking hideous
  • Making phone calls about all the bills
  • Paying the bills
  • Always cleaning, all the rooms in the house always need cleaning
  • Water in the basement
I love my house and couldn't be happier with all the wonderful things I have.  I really have no real complaints, and most days I enjoy being a grown up and all that it has to offer.

But come on, who doesn't wish every once in awhile that they were just a 10 year old kid enjoying the summer and looking forward to getting new supplies before school started?

On a side note, I stumbled upon this video while on this blog.  Check them both out.

No comments:

Post a Comment