Thursday, August 18, 2011

pool days

Since I am lucky enough to have a wonderful job that gives me about 9 weeks off every summer, I busy myself with lots of other jobs so I stay out of trouble.

One of those jobs isn't really much of a 'job' other than the fact that I have to get up early and be there until four the two days a week that I babysit.  It all started way back in the summer of 2003 after I graduated high school. 

At that time there were 3 boys and another on the way.  We spent the summer going to the zoo, playing t-ball, taking bike rides, and going to the park.  I went off to college in the fall and returned the next summer.  That year there were 4 boys and we spent most of the summer at the pool.  The next summer came and another little boy came along.  One more summer after that with 5 boys and plenty to keep us busy. 

By that time they were no longer just a family that I worked for.  They had absolutely become friends, like a second family that we celebrated birthdays with and had cookouts with when it had just been to long since we got together.

Last summer I was living on the westside again and asked if I could help out with babysitting.  I thought it would just be fun and something for me to do a few days a week.  We had a good time and surprise...their mom was going to be having another baby!  Summer went by fast and I knew I would be back next year.

Fast forward to this summer.  Six boys...three of which are old enough to take care of themselves and don't require me to do much of anything for them and three of which I actually watch.

It was a great summer that unfortunately has come to an end.   They are an awesome bunch of boys to hang with, and I'm sure part of that has to do with the fact that I'm only there for 2 days a week.  Long enough to have fun, not long enough for all the arguing to get annoying.

We spent the mornings lounging around the house and the afternoon at the neighbors pool.  I already miss summer...why do you always have to go so fast?  At least I have these adorable pics to remind me of the fun we had.

having fun in the sun


jumping in the pool


thanks for a fun summer boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment