Monday, November 7, 2011

balance

I'm working on being a better blogger and trying my best to participate in NaBloPoMo.  This means that today I'm actually going to follow the prompt and write a little about balance.

Making family time is important to me. How do you balance your children, relationship, and work life?- Ricki Lake

I'm still trying to figure out how I balance my own life, let alone how I make time for the other important people in my life.  So here is my best attempt at explaining how I balance all the important stuff.

Ben- We see each other Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights, sometime Thursdays if Ben gets the night off.  We try our best to make dinner those nights and eat together.  Of course during the week we both have school work to do, so we always have to squeeze that in somewhere.  We try to spend time together Saturday morning before work, but that is also a good day to run errands and get house stuff done.

Family-  Sundays are typically our family day.  We either head to the eastside to see Ben's family or hang out at home and have dinner with my family.  This is important to both of us since we spend so much time working and we enjoy spending time with our families.

Friends- Of course I always have my monthly dinners.  This is something I look forward to all month and can't imagine not having.  Since Melis and Anthony finally moved back to CLE, we spend time with them about once a week.  Sometimes on Sundays for Browns games, or other times during the week for dinner.  We do our best to hang out with couple friends and our own friends to keep that balance.

Work-  There is never enough time for this.  I often take things home and leave them in my bag because I need a break.  I need time with my dog and Ben, or time to go outside and enjoy the sunshine.  I do my best to keep the balance in my work life and still do the best job that I can.

Balance is hard.  I'm finding there are so many things I want to do and just not enough hours in the day.  It takes awhile to figure out how to prioritize and decide what can just get left alone (like vacuuming everyday, totally not necessary).  I'm working on balance and trying my best, but I'm sure it will be something I always have to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment