Wednesday, November 23, 2011

SOHO, Crop Bistro, good friends, and a new dishwasher

I have not done the best job this month of keeping up with NaBloPoMo.  I've been trying...I really have.  Instead of dwelling on what I didn't do though, I'm just going to keep writing whenever I do have the chance...like now!

Yesterday night was our November monthly dinner date.  The girls drove out to the westside since I'm always heading east and we met up at SOHO  in Ohio City.  It is a fun little restaurant with great atmosphere and a pretty delicious menu too.  I had the sweet potato bisque and fried green tomatoes, which I could have had another plate of if I had room. 

After lots of catching up, they headed back east and I headed to Crop Bistro to meet up with Ben for a drink.  We ended up staying out way later than I had planned and meeting up with more people than I thought possible on a random Tuesday night.  It was a great night though, and it made me realize just how lucky I am for the wonderful people in my life.

I spent today doing my best to get everything ready for dinner tomorrow.  I ran a few errands and then had to be at home because we were having a new dishwasher installed.  The old one wasn't working right and instead of having someone come look at it, we decided we should just get a new one.  Probably not the best idea because the guy who put it in said there was a part that had never been taken out of the new garbage disposal and that was causing it to not drain properly.  Basically, we most likely did not need a new dishwasher.  Right now, I'm trying not to think about that part, and instead focus on how quiet and nice the new dishwasher is in the kitchen.

Now it's off to bed to get some rest because we are hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow...yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment