Thursday, November 17, 2011

a thank you

The month of November is a wonderful time to remember to be thankful.  I've been trying to think of one thing everyday that I am thankful for and tweet it  but there are just those days when not even one tweet makes it's way into the Twitter world.

Today is a day that I am thankful for being thanked.  Sounds weird right?  I feel wrong even being thankful for such a thing, but having someone thank you is such a great thing.

I try not to talk about work too much on here.  I love my job and can't imagine doing anything else, but working in a school is something that I have a hard time mixing with this blog.  I worry so much about being scrutinized for anything and everything that I post (even though there is only one person who know that I am even writing this blog!)

But today, I just feel the need to share something great.

Tonight was the first night of parent teacher conferences.  Everything went well and I have no complaints about this at all, but I do want to brag just a little.

After one of my conferences ended tonight, before the family left, they stopped and said how thankful they were for what I do with their child.  They were so happy with everything and they just wanted to make sure I knew how thankful they were.

It was such a nice thing to say, and I'm not even sure if they realize how much I would appreciate it.  After many crazy things that have been going on these past few weeks, it was exactly what I needed to get me through the night.  Being appreciated for what you do, what you love to do, and what you can't imagine not having in your life, is just an extra bonus.

Today, I am thankful that someone appreciates what I do and is thankful for that.  What a nice little day I ended up having.

No comments:

Post a Comment