Wednesday, November 9, 2011

country music

I am a huge country music fan.  I've been listening to country music for as long as I can remember and I can't imagine not hearing a country song at some point during the day. 

Why country music?  I really don't know.  My parents listened to it for years as we took weekend trips to "the land" and while we were there camping with our cousins, it was just on the radio.  I mean, we were in the middle of Cosochton, Ohio, where there isn't much on the radio except country music.

So it's kind of just something that stuck.  Is it always the best music?  Probably not.  Are many of the songs about the same old country stuff?  Yep.  But that's part of what makes them what they are.

You always know what you are getting when you turn on country music and I like that.  I've seen Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flats (twice), The Dixie Chicks, and yes...Billy Ray Cyrus in concert.  Maybe that's what started it all.  A concert in 1995 with our neighbors from across the street where we all sang "Achy Breaky Heart" at the top of our lungs.

Oh, the good old days!

No comments:

Post a Comment