Sunday, November 27, 2011

busy weekend wrap up

What a wonderful weekend.  I have so much to be thankful for, and this weekend was another reminder of lots of those things.

Friday morning at midnight I went out shopping with my mom and we were able to accomplish lots of Christmas shopping.  I got home about 6 am and was completely exhausted but had a great time.  We've been Black Friday shopping for a few years now and I can't imagine not being a part of that crazy hectic day.

When I got home at 6 am I went to bed (if you can call it that), slept for a few hours and then woke up and went to work Friday night.  By the time I left you could barely make it through the bar without having your feet stepped on 20 times and a million people rubbing up against you.  Why people pay to drink at a place that is wall to wall crowded is just beyond me.  I don't get it!

Since I had slept so late Friday I was not tired enough to go to bed when I got home, so I started decorating for Christmas!  As of right now all of the decorations are up and the tree is in the process.  I ran out of lights so I have to stop tomorrow so that it can be finished (I love Christmas decorating).

Saturday morning we woke up and did lots of house chores.  We had to paint the chipping wood on the garage door and the side of the garage, we cut back the rest of the rose bushes, and we tore out the attic insulation.  Yes, a very busy morning/afternoon, but very productive!

I had the night off work so I went to dinner with my mom and sister, and then ran a few errands to try and finish up my shopping.  I met up with Ben after he was done at work for a quick bite to eat in Tremont, and then we met up with Melis and Anthony for a drink.  It was so nice to be out on a Saturday night like most of the other people our age.  What a change from what we are used to!

Today started with church, then more errands, then brunch, and ended with cleaning up/organizing the house and a quiet little dinner here.  I am so thankful for everything this weekend brought, and even more thankful for all of the other blessings in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment